Sunday, March 1, 2015

Origen's Vision

Last night I dreamt all the world
Was put aright in a
Glorious restoration like
Oregin’s famous vision.
Even Mephistopheles and
His minions were invited back.
Creatures, no longer great,
No longer small, convened in a
Consortium of a
Celebrated congregation,
A magnificent mass
Of all that was and what
Came to be. We easily loosed
The tangled tree of
Knowledge and guiltlessly ate from
The apple where the seed
Took root in each and multiplied
In a cultivated
Consortium of sanctified
Truth and goodness. We saw
Ourselves in each and each
In ourselves. Old earthly habits
We shed and in that place
New plumes of purer kindness and
Clearer understanding
Bloomed. We saw cause and effect as
Mother and child while we
Became birther and birthed to our
Own living, pregnant thoughts.
Eyes in infinite number beamed
Forth in enveloping
Wonder till we pierced the wall of
The universe and saw
Without shock what lay on the other
Side. All this was the final
Restitution; mysteries
Gift. We all stood on heavenly
Clouds. Yet I was distracted.
Among histories horde I stood.
I stood shoulders with him;
The devil himself. In a kind
Of a mechanical
Mastication he chewed his gum.
He chomped, he champed, he chawed.
A  distraction dirge of din. His
Jaw of corruption pierced
My vine. I seethed in silent anger.
I wanted to throttle him.

No comments:

Post a Comment